Caller ID is an app, which lets you know who is calling you if that number is not saved in the contact list of your contact list. Even it will tell you if the number is spam so that you can block that number easily. After that, you can report that number. You don’t have to worry about whether you should receive the call or not. And if you want to know the owner of an unknown number, you can search for it on this app. Some mobile phones have an inbuilt caller ID app, and some doesn’t have. Sometimes you may face the same problem in your Galaxy S8. So there are some steps if the caller ID has stopped error on the Galaxy S8 issue.
Resolve The Caller ID Has Stopped Error On The Galaxy S8 Issue:
- At first, go to the Settings of your Galaxy S8.
- Then open the Apps folder under Settings.
- Then you will find at the top right a three-dot menu, click on it and press the Show system apps option.
- Under that option search the Caller ID option.
- Then click these options one by one accordingly: Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data.
- Then reboot your Galaxy S8 phone by pressing the Power button for a few seconds.
After fixing the problem also, Caller ID has stopped error – this message will appear several times on your screen. But no need to worry, do the same procedure a few more times, then check if the issue has gone or not.
Also Read: Galaxy S4 won’t Turn On
If the above-mentioned solution doesn’t work, then there is the last option. You should do the factory reset on your Galaxy S8. Before performing a factory reset, be sure that you took a backup of your all apps because it will delete all of your user data. Follow the steps to perform a factory reset:
- First of all, go to the Settings of your mobile.
- Then search the General Management option, and click on it.
- After that, you will find the Reset option, tap on it.
- Then press the Factory data reset option.
- A warning message will come, read it properly.
- After reading the warning, and after taking a proper backup, scroll down and click on RESET button.
- Then you may have to enter into your Samsung account if prompted.
Now, the device will reset to the factory settings, and you will be successful to fix the Caller ID has stopped error on the Galaxy S8. Let us know whether this article helped you or not.