Aircon Repair is also called AC Maintenance. It is a common requirement for every type of air conditioner, be it window or central air conditioning system. It is a must to know these basic things about air conditioning before calling up aircon companies. To save time & money, one should be well aware of all the various contributing factors which result in air con malfunction and costly air con repairs.
factors which result in aircon malfunction
* Improper installation: Many times, you might need to replace some parts in your aircon unit because they are not working properly. If the original installation by the dealer was good, then there must be nothing wrong with the replacement. Checking out your original installation manual if you still have one, might help you find the parts you need to replace.
* Improper temperature control: If you find that the temperature control of your aircon unit is not working properly, then you might need to adjust it. This can be done easily by yourself by following a few easy steps. You can go for the adjustment process when the air conditioner is cold. On the other hand, when your air conditioner unit is too hot, you might need to open the window or turn on the fan to get relief from hotness. This simple step will let you know that there are problems with your aircon unit, so you should take it up immediately for servicing.
Regular servicing of your air conditioner
* No maintenance: Do you know that a little care will go a long way? Regular servicing of your air conditioner will not only save you money but will also extend its life. It ensures the proper functioning of all the parts of the aircon unit. With proper icon servicing, you can also enjoy the conveniences of cool air in winter and warm air in the summer. Hence, it is advisable to get your air conditioner regularly serviced.
* Mismatching seals: If you find that the seal on your air conditioner is coming off, then you might need some quick air con servicing. Here, you must see that the rubber seals of both the condenser and evaporator are not properly joining. Hence, it is important to replace the defective seal. In the case of leakages, you might need to check the pipes behind the air conditioner for any damages.
* Bulges: Air con blowers face several issues arising out of the bending. Over time, they get brittle and collapse down. Bulges come at an imperceptible speed, which makes it quite difficult to detect. When air conditioners stop functioning, this starts a chain reaction. Hence, regular servicing is important to avoid such a situation.
* Coils: When air conditioners are running, the temperature inside the room rises. But as soon as the system is switched off, the room temperature drops. This is due to loss of refrigerant gas from the compressor. Hence, the coils must be maintained in good shape so that coil failure does not take place and the air conditioner works efficiently for a long time.
* Poor operation of the air conditioner: Most air conditioning systems do not require regular servicing, since they are kept only for a few years. But there are instances when air conditioners develop problems such as compressor seepage, dry air in the tubes, etc. If you notice any problem, you must seek immediate help from experts at the earliest. Regular servicing ensures smooth operation for your air conditioning system throughout its lifetime.
* Air Conditioner Leaks: Air con leaks can be detected if you notice small black or grey stains on your air conditioner filters. They are caused by the escape of coolants from the air conditioner. Leaky air filters may also be the cause of yellow stains on windows and doors. Regular maintenance and repair help these areas to stay dry and keep the air conditioner working efficiently.
There are many other reasons why regular iron repair is important. The air conditioner’s ability to cool will be diminished if the condenser fins are worn out. This causes the fan to work hard, thus decreasing the air conditioner’s efficiency. Regular maintenance helps to increase the lifespan of the air conditioning unit. Some iron repair shops offer replacement parts. Hence, it is advisable to choose one that offers this service.
Air con repair does not have to be done by just any repair person. A professional must be chosen who is familiar with air conditioning systems. It is wise to avoid asking a repair person to teach you how to use the equipment. If you have an air conditioning unit, you are likely using it for several years. A thorough knowledge of its features and functions is necessary for air conditioner repair.