Keyboard not typing issue is an annoying hardware problem that you may notice at the time of trying to type something using this input device. In the primary stage, you can encounter the keyboard delay response problem. After a few months, you may find that the keyboard is unresponsive even after restarting Windows. Many times, the symptoms show for a single key and then gradually the entire keyboard fails to work as an input device. Similarly, the issue may also show up with wireless or Bluetooth keyboards. It may also affect the entire computing system and the users won’t be able to do any task without fixing it. However, here, we are going to discuss the necessary steps to get rid of this technical hazard. So, stick to this post till the end to learn how to get your keyboard fixed when it stops typing.
Possible Issues behind “Keyboard not Responding” Problem
Some of the technical reasons that are responsible for creating the Keyboard not typing error are listed below. Let’s know the significant causes and avoid the hardware failure issue at the very initial stage.
- Sometimes, corrupt or obsolete version of hardware driver causes this Keyboard problem.
- Bad cable connections and port damage can both be responsible for this keyboard not typing issue.
- This issue occurs due to the wrong regional and language settings on your system.
- Keyboard driver settings error and keyboard configuration error, etc are other reasons responsible for making the keyboard typing error.
- In the case of wireless keyboard, Bluetooth driver failure is one of the major problems that give rise to this particular keyboard issue.
Resolve the Keyboard Not Typing Problem in Windows 10 With Easy Hacks
Some of the simple ways that you can use to mitigate the Keyboard not typing issue in Windows 10 are given below. Here, we are going to explain the necessary steps to tackle this annoying problem easily and you might try out the steps below to fix it permanently.
Method 1: Verify the Keyboard Connection
If any loose connection is found between the cables and the USB ports, then separate it and re-connect it. Similarly, the port must be repaired if it is damaged and you can use another port to connect it for a temporary fix.
In case of wireless keyboard, try to troubleshoot the wireless connection. If the connection is not detected, then try with another wireless receiver. We hope this method will help to overcome the system hardware issue and keyboard not typing problem easily.
Method 2: Replace the Faulty Keyboard
Check whether the keyboard is working when you connect it with another device. So, disconnect the keyboard from that device and try with another one. If it is still unresponsive, then replace it as soon as possible. If it works, then repair the defective port as well as try to replace the cables attached with the keyboard.
Method 3: Turn Off the Filter Keys
You can fix the Keyboard not working issue by adjusting the Keyboard Settings properly. Thus, you can avoid the Keyboard “Repeat delay” problem very effectively.
- Type “control” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window on the display.
- Now, click on the View by category and change it to Large icons that will help you to identify the items easily.
- After that, click the Ease of Access option from the Control Panel window and see the keyboard status.
- Next, tap on the option that says, “Change how your keyboard works” and go to “Make it easier to type” section.
- Then, check the Filter key status and turn it to disable if it is not selected.
- After that, click on the Apply button and then press the OK button to confirm the new changes.
- Finally, close the Control Panel window and restart the System in Normal Mode to verify whether the keyboard is working or not.
Method 4: Update the Driver
By installing the latest version of the keyboard driver, you can resolve the keyboard driver related issues very easily. This method is also helpful to overcome the device incompatibility issue.
- Type “devicemgmt.msc” in the Cortana search box and press the Enter key to open the Device Manager window.
- Here, you can see a list of multiple hardware devices along with their drivers. Choose Keyboard from that list and expand it.
- Next, right-click on the Keyboard driver that you are using for your system and choose Update Driver option from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the option that says. “Update the Drivers automatically” from the resultant window and click on the Next button.
- The driver will start to perform the update automatically after getting the confirmation and the entire process will take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Once finished, click on the Finish button and close the window.
- Finally, restart the Windows in Normal Mode and start to type anything in your document to verify whether the Keyboard not typing issue appears or not.
Method 5: Reinstall the Keyboard Driver
You need to uninstall the keyboard driver and install it with the latest version is one of the effective processes to overcome the keyboard typing difficulties.
- Type “devicemgmt.msc” in the Cortana search box and press the Enter key.
- When the Driver Manager opens up, try to locate the Keyboard icon from the window.
- Next, click on the Keyboard option and expand it by double-clicking on it. Select the keyboard driver from that list and right-click on it.
- Right-click on that driver and choose Uninstall from the pop-up that appears on the screen.
- Then, confirm the keyboard driver uninstallation process by tapping on the YES button or by pressing the Y key from the keyboard.
- The system will take a few minutes to remove the keyboard driver.
- Now, try to install the driver that is compatible with the system. Once done, restart Windows and try to access any device data by using the keyboard. Now, check whether the Keyboard not typing issue gets fixed or not.
Method 6: Login to Windows with a New Account
The keyboard not working issue can be fixed by creating another administrative user account. So, you need to verify the account privileges and log in to the system in Admin Mode. This is an alternative way to resolve any hardware issues permanently.
- Hold the Windows key and press the R from the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type “control” in the text box and hit the OK button from the Run dialog box.
- In the Control Panel window, choose User Accounts from the list of options that appears on that window.
- Now, tap on the Change Account Type option and click on Manage User Accounts.
- Here, you can see the details of the existing accounts under the Users tab. Press the Add button and join a new user account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the steps within a short period of time. Thus, you can create an administrative account manually.
- After that, close the window and reboot the System in Admin Mode to verify whether the Keyboard typing error got fixed or not.
- If the Keyboard not typing error does not appear again, then try to restart the Computer in Normal Mode. Then, check if the keyboard is working fine or not.
Method 7: Verify Keyboard Batteries and Wireless Adaptors
If you are encountering the keyboard battery issues for a long time, then try to troubleshoot it quickly. This method is only applicable to the wireless keyboard.
If you are using the wireless keyboard, then verify whether the batteries are down. If the batteries are damaged, replace with new and fresh ones. Besides this, you need to check whether the keyboard is close enough to the wireless receiver or not. If there is any solid metallic body present between them, then remove it immediately. If any blockage is found in the wireless receiver, then repair it as soon as possible. Thus, you can fix the keyboard batteries problem as well as the wireless adaptors problem easily.
Method 8: Resolve Single Key Working problem
To mitigate the single key failure issue, you need to reconfigure the Keyboard settings appropriately. Thus, through this method, you can handle the single keystroke issue as well as the typing problem.
- Press the Windows and I key from the keyboard and go to the Time & Language section from the resultant window.
- Then, choose the Region and Language section.
- After that, tap on Add a language from the next window and choose the correct option from the list.
- Then, click on the Next button and hit the install button. Wait for a few moments until the language is installed.
- Finally, go to the Region and Language section and then select the appropriate language as per your region.
- Finally, close the Settings window and try to restart the Windows in Administrator Mode to verify whether the Keyboard not typing issue got resolved or not.
Fix Wireless Keyboard Issues Easily with Simple Steps
Sometimes, you may get stuck with Bluetooth or wireless keyboard issue. With a wireless keyboard, you will probably find that the keyboard is still not working after using the above solutions. In such cases, you can fix the Bluetooth Keyboard not typing issue by reinstalling the Bluetooth driver or upgrading the driver successfully.
Install the Latest version of Bluetooth Driver
The Bluetooth driver update process is one of the crucial steps in fixing the wireless keyboard issues very simply. It can fix almost all the Bluetooth driver related issues as well as is beneficial for overcoming the hardware problems efficiently.
- Go to the Device Manager window and locate the Bluetooth Device from the list of the hardware drivers.
- Next, right-click on the driver and select Update Bluetooth Driver. Wait until the upgrade process is complete.
- Finally, turn on the Bluetooth and connect the keyboard via it. Then, verify whether the keyboard is accessible or not.
Disable the Power Saving
Turn off the Power saving in modern Bluetooth device and resolve the non-working hardware difficulties very quickly.
- Press the Windows and R simultaneously from the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box.
- Then, open the Device Manager window by typing “device manager” in the box and pressing the OK.
- Click on the Bluetooth Device from that list and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Click on the Power Management tab from that window and select “Allow the computer to turn off this device” to save the power.
- Now, tap the OK button and turn off the Power Saving feature on Bluetooth device.
- Finally, open a new file/document and start typing to check whether the Keyboard not typing issue is fixed or not.
Wrapping it Up
This article is focused on the simple ways to fix the Keyboard not Typing error very quickly. Here, we have tried to define all the effective methods if an individual key is not working properly. In addition, you can get the idea on how to resolve Bluetooth keyboard issues immediately. Besides this, we have tried to explain the major issues that are responsible for creating this technical hassle. So, we hope this content will be helpful to overcome this Keyboard problem efficiently.