Play Store is an app store, which is Google’s official pre-installed app. You can download apps, books, music, movies, games, television programs etc. from the Play Store. But sometimes when you try to download apps from Play Store, the download pending message appears. It may happen for the recent changes of Play Store, or your Play Store is stuck. But nothing to worry, you can fix it easily by applying these steps.
Steps to fix the error:
Google updated the Play Store recently, in which you can download one individual app at a time, you can not download the same app as before. It is also the reason for which you are getting a download pending message, and you may have the same app in the queue pending for download. For this reason, you can clear the download queue on Play Store, by which you can download the app.
Clear Play Store download queue:
The steps to clear the Play Store download queue are as follows:
- At first, go to the Play Store app.
- Then you will get the My apps & games option, click on it.
- Here you can see all presently downloading apps on your phone. If you want to cancel any app from downloading, then click on the cross icon (X), which is present beside the app. And if you want to clear all apps to clear the download queue, you can do the same with all the apps.
If still, the problem remains the same after clearing the download queue also, then there are other options.
Force stop Google Play Store App:
- At first, on your device, click on Settings > Apps.
- Then you will see the list of installed apps on your device, among them select Google Play Store.
- Then click on Force Stop.
If you cannot download apps till now, then clear the caches and clear the data of Play Store.
Clear Play Store App Data:
- First of all, go to Settings, then Apps.
- You will see the list of installed apps on your device, click on Google Play Store app.
- After that, the Google Play Store app info page will be opened, then select Clear Cache and Clear Data.
If the above-mentioned all steps will not work out, then reset the apps. But before doing it, take backup settings of all your all-important apps, because it will reset all your apps preferences. To reset apps follow the steps:
- Open the Settings, then click on the Apps menu.
- Then at the top right, you can find a three-dot menu button, press on it.
- After that, click on Reset app preferences.
- Then finally, Confirm it by tapping on the Reset button.
I hope, this article will help you to solve your problem easily. And you can fix the issue of download pending messages on the Play Store.