Companies without an online presence cannot survive in a digital world. Therefore, it is necessary to have an online presence to succeed in the 21st Century.
Several content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, Shopify, and Magneto are some of the leading online platforms for businesses. However, each of these may have its shortcomings and strengths. For example, Shopify and Magneto are excellent platforms, but they are not very flexible. Most experts recommend WordPress because it is extensive. Perhaps that is why more than 40.6 percent of all websites use WordPress, and four hundred million people view 24 billion WordPress pages every month. Furthermore, the world’s leading enterprises such as CNN and TIME use this content management system for their websites.
Hence, WordPress is an excellent publishing platform for web design. Following are some reasons why WordPress is the best fit for your business.
- Simple and easy: Unlike other platforms, users don’t have to learn how to code to use WordPress. Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little created WordPress for non-technical people like bloggers and publishers. So, anyone can use WP without knowing anything about HTML or CSS. You can install it with one click and manage the content. Furthermore, there are several templates for novices who want to get started on their website. While templates are practical for straightforward websites, it is better to hire a development team for custom sites.
Custom websites can improve not only user experience but also increase traffic. Hiring a team of professionals is not expensive when you consider the return on investment. Suppose you’re looking for a professional team in Australia. In that case, you can search for experienced WordPress developer Sydney, and you will find some top-notch experts that can bring your website design to life.
- Open Source: An open-source software is available for modification or enhancement by users. Since WordPress is open-source, thousands of developers improve it regularly. Resultantly, several new plugins make it convenient and practical. Small business owners will also be glad to know that WordPress is free. They can use all themes and plugins without any additional charges. You only have to pay for a domain name and hosting account, which usually costs around $3 per month for servers. Users can also opt for premium versions that provide better features and support.
- Adaptable: People usually think that WordPress is only for building blogs. While that was true for the initial versions, the platform has changed drastically over the years. You can also adapt the platform to make any website. Furthermore, the blogging interface is an integral part of the platform. WordPress is excellent for eCommerce websites because users can choose premade themes for online storefronts. Several plugins like Easy Digital Downloads and WPECommerce, can effortlessly improve eCommerce functionality for websites.
- SEO friendly: WordPress sites are also accessible, allowing you to utilize templates to generate title tags and Meta descriptions for posts to improve indexing. Therefore, WordPress sites rank higher than websites from other platforms. Features such as mobile responsiveness and SEO tools make webpage optimization easy. Schema, Broken Link Checker, and No-follow Checkbox are also SEO tools you can use.
- Easy to find help: Thousands of people use WordPress for their websites. Therefore, it is the most in-demand content management system in the world. So, there is a massive support system for everything related to the platform. Users can find plenty of tutorials to help them understand WordPress. They can also visit support forums and watch video tutorials to resolve common issues.
- Mobile friendly: In April 2015, Google announced that the new algorithm prefers mobile-optimized sites in mobile search results. So, a better mobile experience can have a significant effect on online visibility. Fortunately, WordPress business websites are mobile-responsive. They automatically adapt ages for mobile devices with a responsive design feature. Users can choose plugins that can shift between mobile and desktop displays. However, remember to test the theme on several devices to ensure it is working.
- Excellent for blogging: As we mentioned previously, WordPress was initially a blogging platform. And over the years, WordPress has evolved to become the best system in the business. The platform offers several tools to professional bloggers in the blog editor section. You also build online magazines and schedule future posts on WordPress. Furthermore, you can also edit individual roles to limit user roles. Bloggers can also compare past versions of their blogs to compare with current ones.
- Easy to manage: Not only is WordPress easy to use, but it is also easy to operate. You can add plugins for most management tasks, such as optimizing for SEO. Other excellent plugins include the Akismet plugin and WP Time Capsule plugin. Akismet manages your spam while Time Capsule helps with database backups.
- Scalable: WordPress is an efficient platform. Users can build websites within a day. Standard blogs will have a fundamental theme with minimal design work. However, users can also expand their websites with a few clicks. Themes and plugins can add membership sections to your blog. You can also add quick plugins to improve responsiveness.
Most notable brands use WordPress, from Sony Music to Harvard University, but that’s not all. Not only is the platform adaptable, but it is also flexible and easy to use. Furthermore, users do not have to code to use WordPress. Plugins and extensions can make improve user experience and responsiveness. WordPress is also best for SEO optimization, making it the best choice for website development.