School Of Cool profiles our favourite celeb heroes. From rock stars to royalty we reveal all the eco-secrets that make them top of the class. This week it’s Nicole Richie…
So, who is she?
Nicole Richie rose to fame through her starring role alongside Paris Hilton in The Simple Life. Now she’s more well known as an author, actor, musician, designer and TV personality. She’s the adopted daughter of Lionel Richie and is also married to Good Charlotte front man Joel Madden.
Impressive. What else do I need to know?
It’s not just a famous father that Nicole has been blessed with: Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson were entrusted with Godfather duties when she was a little girl, and Quincy maintains the role to this day.
So, she’s a cool girl, but why is she a Global Cool girl?
The pretty brunette is on the board of the Environmental Media Association, and has worked in several charity auctions with handmedowns.com. Richie has recently been praised by Ecorazzi as one of the top ten celebrities giving out green living tips. The mum-of two offers these tips on the site:
“1. Visit your local farmers market, and purchase organic produce
2. Start a small garden in your own home or school
3. Share with friends and family the importance of eating natural/pesticide free foods
4. Visit the Environmental Media Associations website to find out more about how you can contribute to a better world.”
We couldn’t have said it better ourselves!
Here comes the science bit…
Global Cool wants you to lead a green and happy life. This article can help you to be green by:
1. Supporting green campaigns wherever you can.
2. Try to always buy local and organic produce.
Pic: PA Images